Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Baptism

Okay, Beth, you have inspired me to start my blog. By the way, I think this is a great idea for us to remember the cute little things they do! I started this like 2 months ago and couldn't think of anything to write, so I just kept deleting my posts thinking they were boring. I am falling asleep writing this.......ha, ha.....anyways, I will start off with the Baptism since most of you were there! First off, I am completely amazed at the intelligence of a 3 year old. I was feeding William and Andrew says to me "Mommy, are they going to put water on my head? Are they going to put me in a bath? Are we going to have wine?" I explained to him, that yes, they would put water on his head. I asked Dave when he came in if he told Andrew that and he said no, so I proceeded to ask Andrew how he knew that. He said "from the book". Yes, he picked up the Bible and read it word for word and learned this...Okay, well, maybe not (just wanted to make sure you were all still awake!). But, it was a book, just not THE book! It was just one that the pastor had left for us and Andrew had looked at all the pictures in it and figured all of this out. So smart (maybe I am a little partial). Anyways, the rest of the Baptism was uneventful, with Andrew being surprisingly quiet throughout the whole thing. He got to come home and have his "party" and play with his cousins the rest of the day. I should say that chubby little William was great as well. Once I got his pants over his fat little thighs, we were good to go. Holly and John are Andrew's Godparents and Heather and Jeff are William's

3 comments:

Susie said...

Hey Jen, the boys are growing so fast! Looks like little William probably gives you a workout!! Anyway, it'll be good for me to keep up with everyone's kids, etc. this way.

Beth said...

Jen welcome so glad you are doing this should be fun we just need to get everyone else up to speed

Madison'sMom said...

Jen the baptism was great. I learned that Madison really does not like sitting and being quiet for that long. It was a fun day and I think the kids had a ball.